That's RUMmy!

RUMmy Cake
So I came home after a hectic day yesterday and made this Rum Cake for a Teachers' Luncheon at Joshua's Junior High. Mmmmmm, it made the whole house smell YUMMY! I put John in charge of delivery and he was wondering if they'd notice if there's a piece missing. He suggested slicing it in advance and spreading them out on the plate so he could have some. Such a cute compliment!
Here's our Rum Cake recipe:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box instand vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup rum
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
Mix batter and pour into greased Bundt pan. Bake 50-55 minutes at 350. While your cake is in the oven, boil the following ingredients together for 2-3 minutes:
Butter-Rum Sauce
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup rum
1 cup sugar, scant

Poke the cake with a fork as it's cooling and pour the Butter-Rum sauce over the top. 
Let cool a bit longer and invert onto a plate. Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream.

In addition to treating Joshua's teachers, I'm excited today because it's my turn to share over at PreK and K Sharing. I've updated my ABC Building Blocks for Caregivers, so head on over there to see what you think.


1 comment

  1. Here's what I think: I think you and your cake are wonderful!

    Is it bad to drool when thinking about rum or cake or rum cake when it is five in the morning? My first thought is cold milk... but coffee would do it--and that would justify it as a morning treat.

    Hmmmmm. What time should I be there?!
    And: John thinks like I do! I've been known to be a frosting re-arranger...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!