iTune In

I'm almost ready for this year's Red Ribbon & Character Counts! Week celebration next week. We're giving students these glow-in-the-dark wristbands 
and I can't wait.



Yesterday I got a little closer to being ready
when I finished up this bulletin board.

This is as close to owning a fancy iPod, iTouch or iPhone as I come.

I piggybacked on an idea that Sylvia over at Learning With Mrs. Parker posted. 
Click {here} to see that Red Ribbon inspiration.
Want a song to go along? Mrs. King recommends I Will Dare.
Then click {here} for a list of the healthy habits on the notes.

The part that fills my bucket is that Mrs. Quigley and Mrs. Boyer stopped by as the board was developing and used it as a teaching tool with their first-grade learners! What fun it was to listen to them sounding out the words and trying to decide what other habits we could put onto the musical notes.


Click {here} for a sneak peek at our week ahead.
I'll be heading to the nation's capitol on Thursday to speak at the
Character Education Partnership's National Forum



It'll be an extra-special event for me because the school we've been mentoring, North Pointe Elementary, will be honored there as a 2013 National School of Character. Great things are happening at that school of character and I'm so proud of Kelly, Jennifer, and Jennifer and their school faculty and staff for their  work. 

I also get to connect with my Godparents from PA, Lisa from VA, Pam from AL, Lindsay from Canada, Raquel from Puerto Rico, and Marian from MI along with other character educators from around the world. 

Oh, and CEP Board Member and parenting expert Dr. Michele Borba is going to be addressing school safety and climate. It promises to be AmAzInG!

Finally, click {here} to read my guest post at the Character Educator for more ideas. How will your school family celebrate 
Red Ribbon and Character Counts! Week?




4 comments

  1. We do Character Education week at our school. Monday kicks off with Color Day--each grade level will wear the color of one of our character traits. Tuesday is Team Up With Character and everyone will wear the sports jersey. Wednesday is Don't Turn Your Back on Character and we will wear clothes backwards. Thursday is Character Rocks and we will wear our Character Rocks School Tshirts. We will have coloring contests, messages of the day, etc. No school on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could take a trip to DC! Sigh.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your bulletin board and good luck in D.C.! I wish I could hear you speak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out! I am working on my door. Hope to share it soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!