The Kindness Contagion

Today I'm excited because I've seen more and more and still more kindness stuff coming over the internet this week than ever before. It seems to be contagious ... not gonna analyze it ... just gonna enjoy and share it!

The first resource I got jazzed about was this post and video playlist from Edutopia called Kindness, Empathy and Connection. Maybe you've already seen it, but I thought it was worth repeating.





Matt Davis at Edutopia posted this amazing resource about empathy trumping even chocolate as a gift to give for Valentines Day that you won't want to miss; the Corner on Character even got a shout out!

Then I found this in my Smile File from last week:


Not only am I delighted by her words, but I am touched by the effort, thoughtfulness, detail and love that this third grader put into this wonderful Valentine for me.


Then there's Barb's post over at Grade ONEderful about the Valentines her kiddos did as a follow up to Eileen Spinelli's classic Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch.

Why not leave blind affirmations around the school, taped on doors ... or go ahead and sign them ... either way I can totally imagine the kindness culture it could create. 

Today I also want to encourage you to be kind to yourself.
Here's are a dozen suggestions I've harvested over the years:

1. Delegate tasks to capable others.
2. Go to bed a little early.
3. Get up when you wake up.
4. Read for 15 minutes. 
5. De-clutter something.
6. Simplify something.
7. Do something for the kid in you.
8. Remind yourself that you're not the manager of the world.
9. Allow extra time to get somewhere.
10. Write down inspirational stuff.
11. Eat healthy meals and snacks and drink plenty of water.
12. Even if just for today, slow down and savor.

Looking for more RAK ideas? Visit Sybil's post {here}.

Expect a terrific Thursday!




3 comments

  1. What a great post, thanks for sharing! Just joined your site, it's fantastic! Have a great week : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel's video is VERY touching! And what a sweet Valentine card from Gabi:)
    Thanks for the shout-out, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific post! Thanks for all the links! Happy Valentine's Day to you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!