Coffee & Connectivity

So life on the farm can have its challenges, like not very good WiFi connection. So I'm in a Starbucks enjoying some coffee and connectivity, and it has me thinking about life, before the internet. Was it a simpler time? How did we connect with one another? 
I've been spending a lot of time this week in reunion in real life instead of online.
I've made a lot of new friends, including my sister's cat Gus.


Understandably, it took Gus a while to warm up to me. We've never met, so why would he trust me? But, because Gus is an up cat, and I would be sleeping in the loft, I figured it'd only be a matter of time until we were fast friends.  Turns out I was right. He followed me up and I saw a softer, gentler side of this finicky feline. It was kind of a yes moment. We were up, together.  He started out on top of the covers with me and, before I fell fast asleep, he was snuggled in underneath. Life is like that. It usually just takes time and trust. 

So today's question is: Who are your up people? 
And how do you connect with them?





3 comments

  1. Got a little confused for a minute... I thought Gus was at Starbucks! And, for the record, anyone (two-footed or four) would love being friends with YOU!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barbara!
    I'm glad that you get to spend time traveling this summer. Sounds like you are back home in the great north! I hope you are getting some cool breezes to chill with. We're getting some rain right now with a big of thunder and lightning. . . so you probably got it earlier today.

    We leave for Houston in early July. I'll private message you on FB when we get there. I am excited to meet up with you again. Have fun in San Diego.
    Patty
    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first two up people who come to mind are my mom and my daughter-in-law. Both very cheerful:)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!