Buried Treasures

This morning I'm counting my blessings as I pack up and get ready to head to the Barnes & Noble for my very first bookstore book signing. I'm so grateful to my publisher for working with Ethan at our local B&N store to schedule a spot for me, and to Rebecca Hude for helping get the word out. 

We're kicking off Educator Week, so school personnel can have What's Under Your Cape? at a 25% discount. Yay! It's the little things.
If you're out and about, please come by and say hi.
I'll be the one in the superhero character T.


Yesterday was the best day of the school year so far, because our favorite source of character inspiration spent the day with us. 
Here we are, dressed as pirates to surprise him,
waiting for him to arrive.


And here he is, Dennis Lee, reminding kids that 
"U are a treasure!"


Mr. Peterson got a lesson in puppetry.


And Mrs. Waltenbaugh helped Dennis put out the S-O-S.


Notice the costume change? Dennis even supported our school by buying one of our spirit shirts and wearing it in his third performance.



This man is simply phenomenal, and not just because, as you'll see by the clip below, he's creative and clever and the best with puppets, hands down.



Nope, it's because of his kind, generous, and caring nature.
He's got love for others, deep in his soul,
and he shares that gift with every heartbeat.

On his way back to Dallas, Dennis tweeted this shout out:


How super cute is that?

Yep, the world needs more Dennises,
people who walk the talk to make the world a better place.
Now that's a buried treasure worth diggin' up! 





2 comments

  1. Oh I hope you sell lots of books today!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is awesome!! Thanks for introducing me to him!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!