Happy Heart Kid Kits

 Today I'm excited because I get to share a new product I recently discovered over at my friend Leanna's blog {here}. Introducing the Happy Heart Kid, whose mission - to inspire families to engage in Character Building Activities through play - totally aligns with my work and passion.



Inspire. Engage. Empower.

These Play With Purpose kits spotlight virtues like self-control, generosity, kindness, patience, courtesy, diligence, helpfulness, unity, responsibility, courage and more. I recently dug into this awesome kit for teaching empathy, which includes interactive activity ideas, stories, games, and notes for parents.

All brilliantly engaging, the activities in these kits are designed to be interactive and spark the curiosity and creative of our budding empathy experts. Since I'm a firm believer that naming something gives it credence, I instantly liked the idea of making an empathy placard.


I know that my learners will connect with the Feelings Faces and Felt Flowers and I can't wait to try them out in small group counseling classes in December. 

If you're in search of an interactive, creative product to help develop character in your superheroes, check out these kits by connecting with Happy Heart Kid:



When we elevate empathy, kind acts aren't far behind. 
Need a few ideas for December? Here's an updated version of the 
Kindness Connections Calendar I posted last year.



Visit Coffee Cups & Crayons for a Random Acts of 
Christmas Kindness Calendar {here} and Raising Lifelong Learners for a Kind Acts Smorgasbord {here}. Brad Aronson's blog also had an extensive list of ideas {here}.

I'll be unplugging this week to spend time with family and friends, resting, restoring, and giving thanks. I hope you'll take the time to do the same. 
Happy Thanksgiving!










2 comments

  1. What a great idea. I see it as a very useful tool to use with kids in the classroom. Do you have success with parents doing activities similar to the above at home with their children? Do you encourage kids to teach their parents? Just wondered because it would be nice if kids had parental support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great question, Pat. Over the years I have had feedback that kids take the seeds I've planted home and grow them. In this week's lesson, they leave with an empathy card (Ks get an empathy wand) that they're encouraged to talk about and share with someone.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!