Sweets For Soldiers


Today I'm excited because our families are taking citizenship into the kitchen and the baked goods for our servicemen and women who'll be away from home at holiday time are rolling in. Brownies? Check. Rice Crispy Treats? Check. Pecan Pie Bars? Check. Sugar Cookies? Check. Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Oh, I can practically see the smiles on their faces and totally feel
 the happiness in their hearts as they devour our homemade goodness ...


and read our students' wonderful notes of admiration and thanks.



It's one of my favorite service-learning projects each year, 
because we get to give back to those who are giving up so much,
to serve and protect, 
to keep us safe and free.
I hope they feel pampered, appreciated and loved.
We're hoping to chat by Skype with a few of those heroes
on the Monday that we're back from break, so stay tuned.

On another note, I'm so grateful to character.org {formerly known as the Character Education Partnership} for filming and sharing the video footage of my Kindness keynote.


They also posted Mary Gordon's keynote on empathy and Eduardo Briceño's presentation on growth mindset, so check those out, too. You'll be glad you did.





No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!